Press Articles and Media Resources
Need a logo or link to previous press? Here you go.
- Wall Street Journal - Can You Capture Nostalgia in a Bottle of Gin?
- New York Times - New Gin Conjures Flavors of the Forest
- CityLab - The Other Side of Brain Drain
- Swaay - 10 Bars with Kickass Women at the Helm
- Airows - Terra Botanical Gin is This Summer's Hottest New Tipple
- Wine Enthusiast - How Midwestern Spirit is Driving Craft Distilleries
- Afar- A Quest for this Ingredient Will Take You Into the Heart of Israel
- Tasting Table - This Craft Distillery Makes Beautiful Bottles of Spirits
- Supercall - Best Gins of 2016
- Supercall - Best Coffee Liqueurs for White Russians
- Thrillist - Indiana is in the Midst of a Distilling Boom
- Playboy - The Strangest Spirit Made in Every State
- Uncrate - Cardinal Spirits Songbird Coffee Liqueur
- Liquor.com - 5 Floral Spirits You Should Be Drinking This Spring
- Liquor.com - You Should Be Drinking Walnuts from a Bottle
- Earth Eats - From Hemingway's Campari to Indiana Craft Spirits
- Food52 - Your Guide to a Fall Weekend in Bloomington, Indiana
- Imbibe - 24 Carrot Gold Punch Recipe
- CNBC - Forget Happy Hour: How to Own Your Own Distillery
- New York Times - Startups Turn to the Crowd for Financing
Regional & Local Media
- IDS - Cardinal Spirits brunch is a must-try
- Herald-Times - Cardinal Spirits opens kitchen at its Bloomington distillery
- IDS - Cardinal Spirits opens kitchen
- Wane- Bloomington distillery shakes up spring drinks
- Indy Style- Refreshing spring cocktails
- IDS News- Cardinal Spirits makes a damn fine cup of vodka
- Spoon University - 3 Easy, Classic Cocktails to Make With Cardinal Spirits' Class of 2017 Vodka
- Earth Eats - Spice World, with Lior Lev Sercarz
- Edible Louisville - A Milkshake for Grownups
- IDS News - Cardinal Spirits collaborates with Limestone Comedy Festival
- NUVO - Cardinal Spirits hosting dinner with master spice blender and David Tallent
- Indianapolis Star - 10 lessons from the spice master
- Herald-Times: Cardinal Spirits welcomes Lior Lev Sercarz
- Indianapolis Monthly - Cardinal Spirits Has the Perfect Holiday After-Dinner Drink
- Edible Indy - Deck the Cocktails with a Tom Collins
- Indiana on Tap - Cardinal Spirits Announces Black Bear Bierschnaps
- Edible Indy - Spice Island: Drink Up the Flavors of Fall
- Indy Style - Game Day Cocktails from Cardinal Spirits
- Indy Star - 5 Reasons to Visit Bloomington
- WHAS11 Louisville ABC Affiliate - Start Your Mornings Right with New Songbird Craft Coffee Liqueur
- South Bend Tribune - A Spirit for Business
- Louisville Business First - A New Liquor Brand in Town Gets Local with Coffee Connection
- Courier-Journal - Indiana distillery launches spirit with local ties
- Indiana On Tap - Tiki Rum Earns "Best Buy from Wine Enthusiast Magazine
- Indiana On Tap - Cardinal Spirits Begins Statewide Distribution to Meijer Stores
- Inside Indiana Business - Meijer to Carry Cardinal Spirits
- Spoon University - Cardinal Spirits: Bloomington's Craft Distiller of Choice
- Herald Times - Cardinal Spirits Orders Another Round
- Visit Indiana - 24 hours in Bloomington: Where to Eat and Drink
- Nuvo - Punching up your Thanksgiving Dinner
- Indy Star - Blind Taste Test: How Do Indiana Spirits Stack Up?
- IDS - First Distillery Opens in Bloomington
- Stark Insider - Visit B-Town, Now In Full Bloom
- Indiana Public Media - Bloomington PRIDE's Summerfest to Celebrate LGBTQ Community
- Evansville Courier & Press - Cardinal Spirits Opened in Bloomington
- Indiana Public Media - City Approves Zoning Appeal For Bloomington Craft Distillery
- Indianapolis Business Journal - Breweries Turn To Outside Investors to Underwrite Growth
- Herald Times - Cardinal Spirits Two Weeks Away From Tasting Room Debut
- Herald Times - Plans Moving Forward on Local Craft Distillery in Downtown Bloomington (paywall)
- Vacation Idea - 21 Best Things to Do in Bloomington, Indiana
Ratings & Awards
- Terra Botanical Gin - Gold Medal, American Distilling Institute
- Terra Botanical Gin - Best of Category Contemporary Grain-to-Glass Gin, American Distilling Institute
- Black Bear Bierschnaps - Bronze Medal, American Distilling Institute
- Songbird Coffee Liqueur - Bronze Medal, American Distilling Institute
- Wine Enthusiast - Cardinal Spirits Vodka - Top 100 Spirits of 2016
- Wine Enthusiast - Cardinal Spirits Vodka - 93 points
- Wine Enthusiast - Cardinal Spirits Bramble - 92 points / Best Buy
- Wine Enthusiast - Cardinal Spirits Tiki Rum - 92 points / Best Buy
- Wine Enthusiast - Cardinal Spirits Songbird Coffee Liqueur - 90 points / Best Buy
- Wine Enthusiast - Cardinal Spirits Nocino - 90 points
- Wine Enthusiast - Cardinal Spirits Standard Dry Gin - 88 points
- Microliquor Spirit Awards - Cardinal Spirits Vodka - Triple Gold Medal Best in Show 2015
Photos of Cardinal Spirits distillery
PHOTOS OF OUR SPIRITS
PHOTOS OF OUR BAR & COCKTAILS
ABOUT CARDINAL SPIRITS
WHAT WE DO: Cardinal Spirits is a craft distillery with a cocktail bar and kitchen in Bloomington, Ind. We distill premium spirits using the highest quality ingredients, and we source local ingredients whenever possible. All parts of the distilling process — from fermentation to mashing to aging to bottling — happen on-site. We've redefined the idea of a distillery tasting room: In ours, you can sample a flight of spirits, order cocktails made with our spirits, eat dinner 7 days a week and weekend brunch, and buy bottles of our spirits to take home.
OPENING DATE: Cardinal Spirits opened in February 2015.
LOCATION: Cardinal Spirits is at 922 S. Morton St., one mile south of downtown Bloomington. The building overlooks the B-Line, the popular walking and biking trail that runs through the city.
FOUNDERS: Adam Quirk (Bloomington), Jeff Wuslich (Bloomington), Jason Katz (Cincinnati), Rick Deitz (Bloomington)
PRODUCTS: Cardinal Spirits distills Single Malt Whiskey, Vodka, Pride Vodka, Terra Botanical Gin, Standard Dry Gin, Tiki Rum, Lake House Spiced Rum, White Oak Whiskey, Flora Liqueur, Songbird Coffee Liqueur, Bramble Black Raspberry Vodka, Honey Schnapps, Black Bear Bierschnaps, Valencia Triple Sec and Walnut Nocino.
DISTRIBUTION: Cardinal Spirits is available at 200+ locations throughout Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee and New York. Major retailers include Kroger, Big Red Liquors, Binny's, Whole Foods, Schnucks, Meijer and Crown Liquors. Our spirits are also sold at our distillery.
Value people as much as profits: We promote personal growth through education and internal advancement. Our profitability ensures we have financially secure employees.
Cultivate meaningful work: We encourage entrepreneurial thinking, creativity, and community focus so that a job is not just a job.
Trust people to do their best: Financial and operational literacy of all team members allows everyone a clear picture, and drives the right kinds of decisions.
Quality, Craftsmanship, and Honesty: achieved through innovative TOC-based production and a holistic approach to all parts of our business.
Focus on Community: Business success allows us to pursue social goals in Bloomington, Indiana, the Midwest, the US, and the world